Saturday, June 13, 2009

His Words

PROVERBS 4:20-22 NKJ20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to mysayings.21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in themidst of your heart;22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to alltheir flesh.

Giving attention to God's Word is not as easy as it once was.Today we have a multitude of distractions. Busyness seems to bea disease shared by everyone. We all have more than we can do.

Yet . . .God doesn't change. His Word doesn't change. It still says thesame thing it did a thousand years ago -- and it will still saythe same thing a thousand years from now."Give attention to my words...."

We are confronted with a choice. What is most important? Towhat shall we give our limited time? God, or....?

God makes promises no one else does -- or can. He created, soHe knows how things work.
Life. Life in its fullness. Life as God intended it to be. Andhealth. Isn't that what everyone would like? That is thewritten guarantee offered by God to the human race -- forpaying attention to what He has said.

SAY THIS: I choose to pay attention to God's Word. I chooselife and health. I choose God.
(from my daily devotional email)

No comments:

Post a Comment